Bonnet Lock Part number - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 03-12-14 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa 159 soon

Bonnet Lock Part number

Hi all,

Unfortunately a workshop mechanic broke my bonnet lock lever (the plastic one which unlocks the final part of the bonnet opening). I must admit it has always felt a little flimsy, they obviously pushed it down rather than lift it up ...

I believe I have to buy the whole bonnet lock assembly and I wanted to confirm that a single part number covers all years of manufacture. My car was purchased in Sept 2007, but in Aus that might make it a '06 manufacture. The part number I have found is #50512274 is this correct ? The Ebay item below has no picture of the item ...

Appreciate your help.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

I think that will fit. I dont think theres any difference between like the bonnet lock on the x1/2 or MY versions. Ive fitted a few. yer the plastic handle pull out thing is prone to snapping. I would try a breaker because you can prolly get it for about 15 pounds ($?). What you can do is phone your local dealer and get them to find the part on Eper and ask them for the part number and price (tell them you want to make sure the part number matches whats on your part). When they give you the price just say thanks and thats more than you wanted to pay (they will charge about 60-70 pounds for it). Then you have the right part number.

when you get it clean it up with a scrubbing brush and wd 40. and when its all clean put some grease on the catch.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

bonnet , lock , number , part