Question for those with Eibachs fitted - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 29-11-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Tyrone
Question for those with Eibachs fitted

Hi Guys,

When I first fitted my eibachs on my 2.4 I thought they were a massive improvement over standard. After approx 25k miles they have 'settled' too much imo. They also feel weak now at times crashing over bumps. It was pointed out to me by someone I was working with yesterday that it is as if the springs are not the correct ones for the car. It looks as if they are struggling to keep the car supported when comparing them to the rear.

Has anyone else got this issue? If there is anyone with a 159 Ti 2.4 qtronic, with standard 19" wheels and correct sized tyres fitted with eibach 30mm springs which are well bedded in, willing to give up 5 or 10 minutes of their time to take a measurement between the bottom of the wheel rim and the top of the wheel arch for comparision I would really appreciate it.

The measurement for my car is:
Front Nearside 610mm
Front Offside (drivers side) 602mm
Rear Nearside 604mm
Rear Offside 610mm

Looking at the measurements there doesn't seem to be much of a difference but visually the front offside does appear considerably lower even though it is only 8mm. The front offside is also approximately 4mm further into the arch than the nearside which probably compounds the issue. The fact I don't have a camber adjustment kit fitted probably is a factor as well. The amount of camber which is about 2.5 deg is clearly visible.

Last edited by quinnj3; 29-11-14 at 12:21. Reason: Taken measurements from different place
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Hertfordshire
How about you jack your car up without taking the wheel off, you should then be able to see the code stamped on the spring then you can cross ref it on the Eibach site.

There's also some measurements on page 2 of this thread

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

eibachs , fitted , question