159Ti mechanic/parts info. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 28-11-14 Thread Starter
County: Wiltshire

Member car:

159ti 2.0

159Ti mechanic/parts info.

During my cars 63k service yesterday, the Main Dealer i took it to in Swindon, couldn't remove the undertray due to coroded/damaged fixings as removing it would likely damage it. I was quoted 289 for a new one.
(Needs removing for scheduled oil/oil filter/pollen filter and aux belt change).
The service also revealed i new new brake pads all round, and was quoted, wait for it... 442for fronts and 85 for rears...

Before i re-mortgage my house and sell my wife, could anyone recommend an Alfa 'speciallist' who could locate parts required and fit, at a reasonable cost.

Somewhere within an hour of Swindon would be ideal.

Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: Cambridgeshire
Thats a lot of money for what they are going to do. Pads are cheap and easy to change. even Performance pads are only 100 or so a set! I just bought a full set (front and rear) of EBC Yellow Stuff for 150 to put it in perspective. If they are saying you need new disks too, than that makes it a little bit more but again. MTEC upgraded performance disks are less than what they are saying! so you could upgrade all 4 corners to performance disks and pads for what they are going to charge you to put stock items back on....

Try Autolusso, they have workshops in Bournemouth & Houghton Regis, so around an hour in either direction for you.

(they are also used to removing the seized under-trays and don't have to supply a new one to refit them)

2008 159 TI 2.4 JTDM QTRONIC
My Car Details______http://www.jabawoki.com/2014/07/07/alfa-159-ti/
Project Halo Wiki____https://projects.jabawoki.com/index.php/Project_Halo_UK
Project Halo Page____https://www.facebook.com/ProjectHaloUK
AO Member
County: Tyrone
Sounds to me the garage is trying to lever as much cash out of you as possible. OE front disks and pads are expensive and with garage labour rates what they are now, the figure they gave you, although very high, would not be considered outside the industry norm unfortunately. The undertray issue is common and they are also following what most manufacturer garages are doing now and that is replacing rather than repairing, it's their version of up-selling except they don't give you a choice. You should get the work considerably cheaper going to a trusted indie.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159ti , info , mechanic or parts