I'll try and answer all the points raised above....
- The alloys - it came like that I'm afraid; I would have preferred the 19"ers but actually came to like the 17"ers as it made the car pretty unique - I've not seen another Ti with them on and, in the flesh, it did look pretty good.
- No idea who the Alfa specialist is, but I used MVC in Sale who were absolutely spot on for repairs and servicing and have years of Alfa experience. Can't recommend them highly enough.
- I didn't sell to these guys so I guess they've picked it up from British Car Auctions where it went after I got rid of it so maybe they don't know about the cam/pump/pulley change that I did in April this year.
- I'm guessing they won't have done anything about the gearbox, or tie rod ends either (my guess was that the bearings were going in the box judging by the sound and the similar experiences of others on here).
- I've now got a 64 plate Soul Red Mazda 6 (new shape) as I wanted more ecconomy, better reliability and more space, but would still go back to Alfa if they could gurantee me these!