Possible Alternator issue - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 20-11-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

Brera 2.2 JTS

Possible Alternator issue

When driving the car the other day I noticed the battery warning pop up onto the dashboard. I thought it was something that I had done (because I'd recently been fiddling with the sidelights so I naturally assumed it was something I had done ) but it isn't on all the time??

From doing a little research it appears that it is likely to be an alternator issue, I don't think that the battery has ever been changed (2009 car) but I believe that this isn't likely to be the cause. I'm hoping that this is all going to be repaired under warranty so I'm going to ring them tomorrow. Do you think it would be reasonable for me to ask them to change the battery as well at the same time?

Can anyone advise roughly how long the car is likely to be off the road for once they have it in (reason being the garage I bought it from are based around 40 miles from my house so I don't want to be coming and going there all the time)??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery warning light.jpg (47.8 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cambridgeshire
a few hours max, they will probably change the battery first, then test it to see if its fixed, before they changed the alternator.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

alternator , issue