which 2.4? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 16-11-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Western Isles

Member car:

Alfa Red GT Q2

which 2.4?

Our 156 'wagon is behaving again but the electrical problem has prompted her indoors to suggest that it may be time to trade up to a 159. Never one to miss an opportunity for a car search, I have been browsing the usual sites.

As we hope to change the gtv for a spider in the not too distant future, my budget limits my choice, but I like the 5 pot 2.4 diesel better than the 2.0 anyway.

There are a couple of 2.4's that are the right spec but one is an early (200 bhp) version with lower miles and the other is slightly newer (210 horses) but has 25K more miles. How much of a difference do the changes made when they went to 210 bhp?

"When you sit in a Focus RS or a Golf R32 itís like sitting in a commercial for Lynx aftershave. When you sit in an 147 GTA itís like sitting in a Venetianís hand-made suitcase." J.Clarkson 2003.

Current fleet: 156 Sportwagon jtd 16V (facelift) 2.4 Spider, Leon Cupra SC
Projects: Spider S4, Matra Murena 2.2
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire
I know the 159 evolved during its lifespan to reduce weight...not sure what other changes were made between the 200-210 hp upgrade however I had the 210 hp 2.4 and mapped it and it was very torquey!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider