159 Manifold Warning & Praise for Medway Autos - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 22-04-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent
159 Manifold Warning & Praise for Medway Autos

Just had to have the inlet manifold replaced under warranty as the small lozenge-shaped vanes in each port were sticking as there wasn't enough clearance in the casting. This kept causing the engine to bring on an engine fault light and on occaision, go into safe mode.

It took 3 days to do as they have to take the fuel pump and fuel delivery pipework out of the way to get the manifold off.

A small diesel leak may have been a contributory factor apparently as it could have affected the packing grease on the spindles of the vanes.

Seems ok now; time and a decent long run to really get the engine up to temperature will soon tell!! Maybe my average fuel consumption will get over 32mpg now as well!!

On the positive side, I can heartily recommend the service I got from Medway Autos in Rainham, Kent. (My local Fiat and Merc dealer) They looked at the car straightaway and got the parts ordered for the next morning. They phoned me every day to keep me up to date with progress. They even lent me a 159 Sportwagon to drive around in while mine was off the road. Excellent service. Dan Childs is the service manager and a thoroughly nice guy.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , autos , manifold , medway , praise , warning