changing the cigarette lighter bulb
So your cigarette lighter bulb or 12vdc socket does not work? How hard can it be to fix it..........
1. Raise both front seats as high as they will go
2. Move forward both seats until you can see the 2 plastic covers at the base of the centre console two each side.
3. The covers flip off with a small flat blade screw driver, The one at the back are easy the one's further forward are got at from under the seat.
4. Remove the four 10mm bolts from the base of the console using a ratchet and extension bar for the ones accessed form under the seat.
5. Lift up the whole of the compartment lid and remove the two torque screws and remove the lid.
6. Unclip the gear stick gaitor and put your finger down the inside of the gaiter and under the switch area and pull up the gear panel, remove the two connectors from under the panel and remove.
7. Remove the lower of two sets of screws inside the front edge of the gear stick surround aperture. Lift the brake handle as high as will go.
8. Un clip the hand brake gaiter and by pushing up from the bottom remove the gaiter support.
9. Pull back the centre console until clear of the gear stick surround and locate the white connector on the right hand side at the base of the gear stick surround and disconnect.
10. Pivot the centre console up and then forwards until clear of the hand brake handle and remove.
The next stage.............
11. Take the complete centre console in your house / garage
12. On a table or bench place the console upright and pull out the rear cubby compartment
13. Remove the two screws under the air vents and pull out to unclip the air vent panel.
14. Remove the single screw from the air vent duct.
15. Remove the two rubber mats from the cubby box and remove the three screws.
16. Remove the single screw at the front of the console.
17. Turn the centre console upside down and remove the four screws from the alloy frame.
18. Unclip the wiring loom from the air duct.
19. Pull up and out the alloy frame with the air duct from the centre console.
20. Remove the three screws from the base of the cigarette lighter assembly and remove.
21. Now you can finally get access to the bulb holder which slides off the side 12vdc lighter socket or like me change the complete assembly (as my lighter socket was burnt out) for a new one part number 71740242 centre console pan.
And as they say reverse all steps to reassemble.
And do not forget the bulb only lights up at night at the same time as the mood lights do- spooky.