New brera tomorrow - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 04-11-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cheshire
New brera tomorrow

Tomorrow is the day I go and collect my "new" 08 2.4 Brera. I am really excited about it, sad at my age but true, can't wait. However, this is my first diesel car, and I have read up on EGR and DPF's etc. So, given that mine is as it came out of the box, a couple of questions.
Do I remove, blank off or part blank the EGR valve, will I need to do some kind of remap to stop the EML coming on?
The DPF seems to be a potential problem, again do I remove it, I know it has to be there for the MOT so I guess what I mean is gut it, again will this need to be mapped out.
As it happens I am not too far from Gus so one of his remaps is on the agenda anyway.
Any other advice.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
For both the EGR and DPF removal will require a map, you can also restrict the EGR (a blanking plate with a small hole in ) without a map, will give a good % of the improvements for the short term. Think Gus will map out the EGR and DPF as standard.
If you are given the choice I would hollow out the DPF rather than replace it, should pass a visual MOT inspection whilst a replacement may not (that's a whole can of worms!), other than that, have a read of the stickies, the owners tech info should keep you going for a while, so much good info!

Oh, and Welcome!

159 1.9JTDM Ti and Giulietta 2.0 Veloce
ex: Punto 55s, Golf Mk5 1.4FSi, A3 (8P) Sportback 2.0TDi SE, A4 (B8) 2.0TDI S-Line, 306 HDI Meridian
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 05-11-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cheshire
Well collected the Brera today, it was a 250 odd mile journey and although it was pretty much all motorway, I thoughly enjoyed the whole trip. So pleased, it's what I expected and it fits my requirements perfectly. Remap?
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: Cambridgeshire
Originally Posted by Philjay50 View Post
Is the pope catholic?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , tomorrow