Obviously a member newbie but have been 'voyering' at threads and posts from afar for a while..! Mainly about trying to sort an aux in for my 939 SB05 head unit..but that seems a lost cause!
Back to my main and immediate issue..
I have done many a search but can't find quit the right post/thread unless someone can link me..?
My headlights and side lights have suddenly decided to stop working!
Story of events:
1. topped up my oil and dropped bonnet maybe a bit too vigorously
2. get in car and warning light on trip computer says check front left light
3. hop out with sidelights on and yes front left bulb appears to have gone - but i drive home anyway
4. On drive home (dusk then into dark) notice my front right headlight is out also.
5. Next day trip to halfords, talking to enthusiastic lad he comes out to help me check which bulbs I need, undo cap for front right headlight, go to pull out and it starts working again. SOUND. just buy the sidelight for left (dont fit as it far too much of a knuckle grazing pig, in work gear, on a lunch break) so will do when at home at night.
6. drive home at night - NO lights working - neither headlights, neither sidelights, JUST my fogs.
Have fiddled with connections, pulled off and pushed back on etc. with no joy.
Both headlight bulbs appear not to be blown.
Both fuses definately are not blown.
They have been fine through some terrential rain and numerous car washes over the last few months without so much as a flicker so don't know whats gone off!
maybe the over heavy close of bonnet (although wasn't too hard) may have dislodge something although sure all my fiddling would have sorted that..
any help or point to similar problem with anyone would be appreciated...!!