New (ish) 159 Ti Owner - Issues - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
New (ish) 159 Ti Owner - Issues

Hi, I have had my 159 1.9 Jtdm for a few months now and have come across this forum which has been very helpful and helped me sort out a few problems I have had (rattles, LED bulbs ).

I love the cars looks and the way it drives and handles but after only having the car for a short time have had to spend quite a bit of money on it. Had my steering rack replaced last week after it started leaking fluid everywhere form the passenger side boot, Replaced the reservoir and fluid at the same time as I read on here that they can cause issues too and mine had the red stuff in it. Since having this done it is now making a knocking noise from the offside front suspension when going over rough road. Seems to be worse at low speed. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? could it be related to the steering rack change? I just want the car to run right now so I can start to enjoy it rather than worrying whats wrong with it all the time! Thanks
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Saint Ann Parish

Member car:

SV JTS 24V V6 Q4

Just give your ball-joints a good check. All of them. They do have a lot on the front end.
Also check for anything not bolted up correctly, or for suspenion play in the wheels when wobbled.
If the knock wasn't their before-hand, could be something related to the work carried out.
AO Member
County: Melbourne
Check shock absorber mounting bolts at top. It has been known to happen.
Had a quick look this morning and it looks like the track rod end has gone, could of been worse I suppose.
It`s been a while but just a quick update on this -

I change the track rod ends but still had the noise. I have now changed the drop links, front shock and top wishbone and the noise has gone. Not to sure what cured it in the end as I did the shock and top wishbone at the same time ( I`m guessing wishbone ). After all this I got the car tracked but the car seemed to be pulling to the left so took it back to get checked and the tracking was out. Had it set up again but it still it pulling to the left! An ideas on what could be causing this??
AO Member
County: Flintshire
When you say tracking do you mean proper 4 wheel alignment as there's loads of variables that could be out. Your tyre pressures are all ok?
It was on the Hunter 4 wheel alignment thingy, when it was checked the backs were within tolerance so just the fronts were adjusted. It drove straight before any of the parts on the front were replaced so didnt expect the backs to need doing anyway. But how can it be setup ok and then take it back the next day and be out again??

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , ish , issues , owner