159 Ti Extended Leg Support broken ? Help - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 23-09-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Derbyshire
159 Ti Extended Leg Support broken ? Help

After many years of should I or shouldn't, I'm hopefully about to take ownership of a 2010 159Ti sportwagon. The Rac have carried out a vehicle examination and picked up several issues one of which is that the extended leg suppport does not fasten on one side of the drivers seat

Has anyone experienced this before and if so will I need deep pockets to fix it ?

Also the car has 235/40/19s on the front and 245/35/19s on the rear. I understand the 235s are the right size - can anyone see any issues with the 245/35s.

Last one - what sort of mileage am I likely to get from the fronts on a 2.0 JTDM 170

Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cambridgeshire
im not sure whether 245/35 is the origional size, could be an insurance loop hole so be careful.
im 6"2 and i dont use the extra leg support so its not something id be concerned about, unless its hanging off in the normal position.
i would say 20,000 minimum on the front tyres, unless you corner like a chav
AO Member
County: Tyrone
If it's a Ti expect less than 10k miles per set of front tyres with careful to moderate driving style. The different tyre sizes shouldn't be an issue either, just put standard size on when the time comes to change them. Also the extended leg support is not likely to be something you will notice unless it is completely hanging off. With mine there is a clip which comes off occasionally, it is just a matter of reclipping it back on.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , broken , extended , leg , support