159 2.4jtdm (2006) problems with injectors and bixenon lights - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 21-09-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
159 2.4jtdm (2006) problems with injectors and bixenon lights

Hello, I have few issues that I cant understand fully on my 159 2.4

1. Car turns of when I press clutch or go to neutral very often. It is very unstable when on neutral (if it doesnt turn of) Injector correction times are:
cyl 1 2.53msec
cyl 2 0.24msec
cyl 3 0.65msec
cyl 4 1.53msec
cyl 5 2.64msec

I always tank it with high quality fuel with additives. There is a lot of black smoke when i rev it up a bit after it turns of.
I have done dpf and egr delete from software and egr blocked & dpf removed + mild chip tuning. It has all been done at professionals so I dont suspect that they messed anything.

2. Bixenon lights are too weak. I have philips 4300k d1s. I have tried 5000k brand new bulbs and still the same. I drove 2010 159 with cheapest h7 bulbs and they glow 3x better than my 700 bixenon lights.
What may be the cause of this? It's really frustrating, as I am not sure if the bulbs are dead as I dont see any reflection on the road (if there is any street light).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , 2006 , 24jtdm , bixenon , injectors , lights , problems