My first Alfa and
Join Date: Aug 2014
Fuel Gauge - odd happening!
Noticed the following for the first time today (note have only had my 159 for 6 weeks!)...
* Orange fuel gauge low level lamp ON
* Still approx. 1/8 tank of fuel remaining
* Approx. 100km range still available
* After approx. 50kms travelled following message "Limited Cruising Range" displayed on Instrument Panel and a beep (which I understand is normal)
* Fuel gauge needle just under 1/8th mark so no significant movement
* But... very shortly after this (maybe 5km?) needle literally dropped from just under 1/8th to empty after travelling about another 5kms!
Is this normal and why does the needle react so quickly?
Is the gullet of the fuel tank tapered so the rate to empty is not linear?
Anyway I thought this weird. have not seen this happen in any other car I have driven.