New ti owner checking in - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 10-09-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
New ti owner checking in

Hi all - Official introduction time!

I currently have a Saab 9-5 Aero Auto as a daily driver - 270bhp of wafty very comfortable armchair as a daily driver. My commute, 3 times a week is a 80-mile round trip on the M4 to Heathrow, so this really ticks all the boxes.
However, we're about to move house and will now be at least 20 miles from the nearest Motorway and the practicality of an estate (to add to my Wife's SUV) will I'm sure come in handy whilst we move and settle in to the new house.
So I ummed and ahhed about 3 Series Tuorings, A4 Avants, even X-type Estates (but only in Black and Sports Premium spec!) but kept coming back to the only one that really stirred my soul. So it had to be a 159. And A Lusso. And then I saw this! For the price difference between this and some of the cars I was looking at - and this being over 1500 less than the nearest comparable ti, after a 200-mile round trip yesterday, left the deposit.
It does need a little tinkering - front brakes, air con needs a gas (hopefully...compressors kicking in but no cold air...cold be gas, could be a leaky pipe), alignment needs checking (steering wheel is slightly squiff when driving straight...may get the bushes done at the same time) and although it has had an Autodelta re-map, will be looking at a DPF removal and EGR already have the savings I made on the car spent My man maths has calculated I should start to re-coup my investment and be almost square (after mileage expense claims) after 18 months
Although it's the 'daily' who say's it has to be mundane?
Looking forward to picking your brains and slowly modding this one - I'm a compulsive tinkerer, but it has to be done sympathetically!

Last edited by Gary H2; 13-12-14 at 23:19.
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: Cambridgeshire
Welcome nice ride.
AO Member
County: Cambridgeshire
looking good

i just got discs and pads all round for 300, will be the same size as yours i think
AO Silver Member
County: Lancashire
That is indeed a bonny looking motor .
And the best looking estate car out there!

I see the X-Type estate also made your shortlist - another of the few estates out there that look the part IMHO and can be had for little money.

Definitely the best choice with the Alfa though.

Welcome to the forum
AO Silver Member
County: Hertfordshire
Congratulations, welcome to owning the best looking estate car around, it's a pleasure having one adorning the driveway.
If you're in need of new brake discs, maybe look at the Mtec website and some finished in sliver or black protective coat. My Brembo discs rusted in hours, I've since painted them, but even though the prep work was good, the rust will come through again before long. Luckily, I appear to have warped my Brembo discs, so I'll just have to buy some Mtecs.
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire
Nice and relatively cheap mod to replace the low power lights with LEDs (courtesy of Jabawokjay):

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

checking , owner