Is Passenger Airbag missing? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 08-09-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Istanbul
Is Passenger Airbag missing?

One of my friend look the airbag side and told me that I may have a missing airbag on passenger side. Because I bought this car in second hand. I'm the second owner of the car. And I know the first owner hit a dog. And he changed the windshield glass, and the front bumper. I don't know if he replaced airbags or if he needed to ? My friend told me that if the airbag goes off, they replace it with a resistor match with the circuit of the airbag. And ECU does not understand if there is an airbag fault in the system. Should I call him? or is it easy to look at to passenger airbag. What should I do before I go to a mechanic?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Wrexham
If the airbag has gone off then you will have needed a new dash board too as it comes through a weakend split which you can't see...
I don't think your friend knows what he is on about and is trying to put you off alfa ownership.
I've NEVER heard of anyone putting a resistor in to fool the ECU into thinking an airbag is there!?!?

Hitting a dog is very unlikely to have caused the airbag to have gone off anyway.
The fact you were told it had a replaced window and bumper says to me that they were honest so that will be the only damage, unless they hit a Great Dane, which would have then probably wrote the car off and give the dog a bruise

Don't worry about it, but if you want to make double sure then either go to a garage and ask to check it's there, or wait a while on here and I'm sure somebody will know how to get access to the airbag to check it's there. I personally don't have a clue, and i don't need to know

Alfas don't break down..... They stop to be admired

Alfas don't leak oil.... They are marking their territory
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 08-09-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Istanbul
Ohh, If I had time today I will go to mechanic. I wish he is not busy much, so I can talk to him. But If you know anything about it please share with me.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

airbag , missing , passenger