159 SW 2.2 SS Power Steering Hoses/Pipes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 04-09-14 Thread Starter
County: -

Member car:

159 SW

Help 159 SW 2.2 SS Power Steering Hoses/Pipes

Hi everyone,

I recently acquired an Alfa 159, immediately fall in love with it. Long story short, not long ago it was diagnosed with a hose/pipe of the power steering had burst and leaking fluid. A trusted mechanic of mine suggested replaceing both hoses (which I also believe necessary). He then called up the official Alfa dealership for parts quotation and was given a ridiculously expensive quote ~1000 for the pair (parts only). I said to myself there is no way in hell its costing me an arm, so I turn to my best friend Google. Surprisingly I could barely find anything useful at all. I even found Fiat ePer which is highly recommended by many and of course there is ebay and various independent eshops.

The problem I'm now facing is I have no clue on the parts numbers nor I could find any repair guide for referencing. So please for those who are reading this, please help. Any guidance pointing me to the right direction would be very much appreciate. Here is some info about the task:

2007 Alfa Romeo 159 2.2 Selespeed RHD
Steering fluid reservoir is fine but I will replace it anyway.
Steering rack is confirm healthy.
I'm also prepare to replace all other relating rubber hoses a clamps.
One more thing I'm not in UK, I'm in Hong Kong and there is only ONE dealership, they are licensed to rob.
I'm looking for a place that I could place an order for all the correct parts I need and could do international shipping.
If not, I wish someone could point me to a direction where I could identify parts number for the quest of searching.

Once again greatly appreciated and have a nice day to you all.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Norrbotten
Check with Jamie & Sheyne, best Alfapart dealer I had contact with.

Alfa Romeo 159 Power Steering
AO Silver Member
County: Cambridgeshire
if you can get me the length of each hose and the fitting type on each end I can get them made to spec

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , hoses or pipes , power , steering