Baby Seat for 159 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 12-03-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Baby Seat for 159

I've done a search and can't seem to find anyone asking this question already.

Can anyone recommend a childseat for the 159 or will anything do? I ask because I had to buy a particular model for the 166 and this guy getting the 159 has an about-to-drop wife and needs to get it right. He can't try and test cos he's still waiting delivery, of the car I mean

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Baby Seat for 159

We're using a M&P Primo Viaggio SIP Infant Carrier with Base. the seat fits rear (or front) facing no problem (once it's located behind the passenger seat). the only minor problem is that the rear seats in the 159 are steeply sculpted so the childs head leans forward a little bit in the seat. An added benefit is that you can buy 2 bases (if you need 2 cars) and then share the childseat.
AO Gold Member

Mr Hollywood is bang on - we packed up the rear of the M&P Primo Viaggio base to level it (folded up towel on the seat) ours wasnt the SIP - its its 4 year old hand me down version!

It sat level enough in the 147 and 156

Sophie is a big kid though and at 8 months she has grown out of the rear facing seat and is now in a forward facing Britax Eclipse, which fits great and is easier to use - again a hand me down - 3 years old - you can guess how old her sister is!
AO Platinum Member
County: Cheshire

might depend on what pram/chassis he has also. We had a M&P but also used Maxi Cosi infant (rear facing) and toddler (forward facing) seats.
AO Member

Member car:

VX Monaro

I've found that most seats fit but you will have to raise the rear head rests to stop them interferring with fitment. Other than that you should be fine, my kids are 4 and 2 so I have stage 1 and stage 2 seats. The biggest problem is rear leg room, I'm 6' 2" and have to drive with the seat slightly forward which is a pain on long journeys.
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

BMW 520d

My 159 has ISOFIX mountings - I don't know if these are standard, bit if you buy an ISOFIX seat they just lock into place - no messing about trying to get seatbelts tight etc. I'd recommend one of these if your car has the fittings.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , baby , seat