ASR/VDC function - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Vila Real
I always keep VDC on its standard ON position.
The VDC (Vehicle Dynamics Control) is a wonderful piece of equipment. Not only helping ABS and ASR perform their function, it interlocks whit all electronic driving related systems so that we (the driver) dont have to do much more than drive carelessly.
159s and breras come whit gyroscopes intimately connected to the VDC thing! The car always nows its pitch and roll angles, vectorial speed, lateral speed, required power and relative capacities.
There's a few examples i managed to spot:
Ever wondered why on a step hill if pointed downwards its a lot easier to reverse even if it seems the engine is getting a hard time? Or if pointed upwards it will do the same, only pulling away when torque on clutch/gearbox is enough?
Whenever you drive trough a snake like road the car adapts to your behaviour after 1 or 2 miles, helping you brake whenever steering is past a certain angle and actual speed is a bit to much, it orders ABS and EBD to put brake power to the outside rubbers and makes common rail decrease pressure to injectors...

When speed is above 80 mph and you have to slam the brakes, have you realised the VDC wont allow that full brake power is put to the ground, it will brake gradually and will only apply full brake wen you come to a speed of less than 40 mph. Thats a nice one, having a good set of brakes, i think.

It toke me some time to adapt to some of these features and some other ones, but they really come in handy at some situations.
pedalaro likes this.
Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

asr or vdc , function