Brera wing mirror glass - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 03-03-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
Brera wing mirror glass

good and bad news

some maniac speeding in opposite direction clipped my wing mirror. It was dark and I could see the shattered glass dangling by the electric heating cables and the wing mirrow itself folded inwards. I assumed the worst - a scatch on the side of the car or the out-truding wings or at best a sctrached / dented wing mirrow housing and broken mechanism.

On inspection this morning I was suprised to see no visible mark on the wing mirrow housing, the housing bounced back and all of the mechanisms worked - folding and mirror movement. The glass cracked and splintered and tiny fragments were missing but still largely intact against the rear plastic framework so I could plug it back in place. OK, so the view is a bit multi-directional but still pretty good!

On phoning the local dealer (Nothgate - Canterbury renowned for its customer service) who was busy but the receptionist promised the parts manager would phone me back - which he did. As expected he did not have a spare glass in stock but could get one delivered next Tuesday - 3 working days so I did not think that was bad. Took longer to get similar for a Rover 600 years ago! BUT the cost of c 32.50 seems a bit much but then again it is heated and it seems near indestructable!

Theyh say these things come in threes so I'll have to be careful in the next few days - but expect some bugger will crash into me again or whatever.

Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

GTV 2.0 TS

Re: Brera wing mirror glass

Well I hope not Stan, but some people can unfortunately be a little careless and bothered about there motor. Similar happened to me in my 145 by a taxi driver in a narrow street, but luckily not heated so less expensive.

"Took longer to get similar for a Rover 600 years ago!"

I presume you don't mean you had a Rover, 600yrs ago?
No of course not! Hope its all ship shape very soon anyway. Lovely car the Brera. Can't imagine damage and Brera in the same sentence its that nice a car!!

One thing Alfa seems to get right is the wingmirrors.

My old 147's got whacked many times
withot a mark or even breaking the glass.

Must be designed that way due to Italian
demand for careless-driving proof wingmirror.

(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 11-03-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

had a call from the aprts manager at dealer to say mirror was in Wednesday norming so only a day late. Easy to fix on myself - all done.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , glass , mirror , wing