New 159 owner - general questions - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
County: Oxfordshire

Member car:

159 1.9JTDM

RE: fuel cap emergency release in boot - it resets when car is (unlocked and) locked. The string just pulls back the bolt holding the fuel cap shut - it can't be manually reset, but locking the car fires the bolt back across. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Victoria
Originally Posted by blueblood1995 View Post
Hey Merlin (other Aussie!)
What model and year 159 do you have?
Agreed bluetooth is OK but the media player is rubbish in my opinion.
If you have the media player set to Autoplay it will always turn on when you put the key on. I had this same problem so changed the setting and it's OK now and doesn't auto start.
I know what you're talking about re: repeating songs. I found once I formatted USB stick to FAT32 (and not a MS DOS for Mac/Windows compatibility... yes I have a Mac!) as instructed on Blue & Me website and blogs it worked OK so long as I had ALL mp3 files and nothing else, e.g. Apple iTunes m4a type files or data/document files. Seems very temperamental!!!
Haven't checked the mute button but am going to now. Interesting.
I'm thinking of getting rid of the standard factory head unit and putting an Alpine unit in. The speakers are OK so will probably keep them but I reckon I might get a slightly better sound with the Alpine due to better built in amp perhaps???
Will keep the factory unit if I ever sell the car. Easy to do these days with the way car audio is manufactured.
Well put myself in a relaxed state of mind and attacked the Blue to Me and Media Player yesterday. Managed to work through the menu and setting maze and found the Auto play section which I turned off. That worked the first time but ever since still turns on when "key" is inserted. Checked setting, showing off but is choosing to ignore that request

The Mute function works as you suggested with the Media Player but mine changes station in radio mode

On completing a phone call the radio also changes the preset station

Also need to practice with the Blue to Me controls as I accidentally end up ringing people while trying to sort that out, might turn my phone off next time!

Overall, very cumbersome systems to use especially while driving. I'd like to get the guy who thought this up to sit in the car and use it while driving. I mean it's not a Rolls Royce where you cruise along and have all the time to muck about with the controls, try using it when enjoying some spirited driving. Yes I know it's a few years old!
AO Member
County: Zuid Holland

Member car:

Fiat 500

Thanks for the testimonial, LukeyC.

BluMeUSB has moved to its own website at BluMeUSB Homepage and now offers setting the max volume level for your USB stick files as well.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , general , owner , questions