Q Tronic advice needed. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 26-07-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Orkney Islands
Q Tronic advice needed.

Hi guys,

So am looking to change my GTV for a 159, have seen quite a nice one with good spec good price it has a q tronic gearbox. Having had a selespeed in the past im not sure if there are any pitfalls with it?

Anyone had experience with it good or bad?

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: North Yorkshire
Love my qtronic . One of the best autos I've had experience of, and I've had no issues so far.

I very rarely feel the need to go manual (and only then to knock it down from 6 to 5 for extra overtaking oomph, and even then a heavy right boot usually suffices ), or use it in Sport mode or anaything. I very occasionally think I might have changed down earlier than the auto, but only at the base of very steep hills - the auto seems to prefer to pile on the revs for a second longer than I would. Once its changed down, my 159 simply flies up any gradients. Otherwise, I've found it smooth, effective and certainly handles the power my alfatuned 2.4 puts through in an excellent and responsive manner.

I get c. 42 - 45 mpg (a fair bit more on long runs), but I mostly drive a roads and motorways with relatively little town driving.

159 2.4 Lusso Qtronic (Sold)/916 Spider P1 TS (Sold)/Giulietta 1.4 TB MA 170 TCT

AO Member
County: Cheshire
I have a 1.9 qtronic and have also had 3 manual 159s. The qtronic is much better suited to the Diesel engine in my opinion and I love the qtronic.
Can retrofit paddles as well which I'm hoping to do in the next few month dependant on funds!
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 27-07-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Orkney Islands
So can i assume this is an upgraded bit of technology which is much improved over the woefully unreliable sleespeed setup?
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: Cambridgeshire
The Gearbox is an Aisin Warner TF80-SC - Nothing to do with Alfa, used by many manufacturers.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

advice , needed , tronic