Spider Auto-Windows from Remote - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 22-07-14 Thread Starter
County: Hertfordshire
Spider Auto-Windows from Remote

The Spider manual describes the control of the electric windows using the remote on opening or closing the car.

I can open the windows when opening the car from the remote by holding the open button for > 2 secs, but can't do the reverse when locking, even though the manual describes this.

I find it hard to believe they designed it like this, when one function is the exact reverse of the other, and arguably much more useful (walking away from the car and auto-shutting the windows). Also once the opening function was provided, surely it would be a simple matter to make closing work too?

So is there something wrong with my windows, or is this an undocumented feature does anyone know? Solutions?

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Riviera
Try locking the car releasing the button and then pressing and holding the remote lock button again.
(The 2nd press deadlocks the car too.)

Close doesn't work on all cars as it requires a pinch-detection mechanism
(Safety rules.) which is fitted as standard in frameless windows but not on all the 159s.

Last edited by Tata4Now; 22-07-14 at 15:42.
AO Member
County: Lincolnshire

Member car:

GT 1.9jtd

this bugs me on the 159 , having to get back to shut the windows , grrrrr
County: -
Just wondering if you found the answer to closing the windows with the remote as I am having the same issue?
AO Member
County: Nordjylland

Member car:

159 2,4 JTDm

Originally Posted by Cairnbeck View Post
Just wondering if you found the answer to closing the windows with the remote as I am having the same issue?
Closing windows was removed from remote functionality at some time (my guess is mid 2007), & italian style they forgot to update the manual ;-)
AO Member
County: -
Autoclose windows were disabled in UK cars, certainly prior to MY2008 because of the safety implications of not having anti-pinch.

There was talk, way back then, of dealers being able to restore the function using their diagnostic software but I don't know of anyone who had this done successfully. Similar situation to the door locking/alarm "chirp" - I think you need to be in New Zealand to get the features you want?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

autowindows , remote , spider