Join Date: Jun 2007
Happy owner of 159 1.75 tbi
I'm a new member of this forum (I've been reading it passively in the past), and the new owner of an Alfa 159 1.75 TBi (first reg 2010, 105.000 KM). I've had a 156 2.0 JTS before, so I'm familiar with the Alfa world (both joys and pains of it). Very proud of the "little" beast, I am just waiting to get it registered, so 2-3 days I'll leave it in the parking spot. I'll probably make nightly visits to it (just turn the engine on, play with the buttons, fiddle with the settings, etc).
I live in Germany since 3 months ago (Stuttgart area), if any Alfa-enthusiast wants to get in touch, have a beer...BTW the beer is great over here. Also, I'm an Embedded SW Engineer, so I'm open to hobby projects in electronic/SW areas.
It seems the car was maintained good enough, but I still want to do some maintenance on it:
- change some interior accessories
- change gearbox oil, hopefully I'll also find out the gearbox model (I presume M32, unfortunately)
- possibly the Powerflex kit
- wheel alignment to prevent excessive tyre wear
- racing brake disks + pads + liquid (not sure yet, I heard the racing brakes are very bad at breaking when cold)
Anyway, looking forward to talk to you.
Thanks for making this forum a nice place,