quick trolley lift position query - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 05-07-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2.4 Spider

quick trolley lift position query

Hi all, just got everything together to do an oil and filter change, but I'm not sure on the trolley jack location on my 2.4 spider.. I've searched around and people talk of wood in the jack point or other locations, but I've just moved house so haven't got anything suitable and no tools here to make something suitable. Its a standard halfords trolley with the cup and 'teeth' around the edges (bad description but hopefully you know what I mean!) , could someone advise a safe location that's not going to bend anything / add extra air conditioning to my foot well?

I think I'll head in for a premature cuppa and try not to get distracted by the football until I've got the job done

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Bergamo
I usually jack on the rear of the subframe. From memory there are 3 bolt heads and I locate the cup on one of these. It's sort of in line with the rear of the wheel. I then slip the jack stands under the official jacking point.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 05-07-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2.4 Spider

Thanks Fitz, I went over the large bolt at rear of subframe and worked a treat. Well apart from the long scratch top to bottom of my will where I'd left an axle stand too close when dropping the car to reposition the jack oh and the scraped knuckles, and the under tray having one unremovable bolt, and then finally realising that due to my hour long hunt in packed boxes for my socket set to reach the oil filter I didn't think to drop the car once the sump was undone.... Just poured the old oil back into a container, not even 5l so hoping the 5 and a bit I put back in won't be too much...

So yeah, simple job done well if you ask me! :S I'll do it again in a few thou miles and hopefully things will be a little more smooth!

AO Member
County: Essex
Yes the undertrays can be a pig to remove next time y put it back copper ease all the bolts ,just che k the oil level on the dip stick. Over filling g it can cause more damage to the internals of engine.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

lift , position , query , quick , trolley