159 Ti with a baby. Any issues? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 02-07-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Dublin

Member car:

159 Ti

159 Ti with a baby. Any issues?

First baby on the way. Seller said he found it hard with the kids due to it being low. Anyone had any issues with a Ti and a baby? Will any car seat fit etc?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

Alfa Mito

Not one problem so far... ISO fix seating works really well... Now onto a forward facing and lots more room for the passenger in the front as the baby seat did take up a lot of room! Christmas was interesting so bought a roof box haha...

Drove to France and the little loved it in the car
AO Silver Member
County: Hertfordshire
Main problem will be at some point he baby is going to throw up all that powdered milk, it'll work it's way into the perforated leather. When they get a bit older you'll start finding banana pieces in places you never knew existed. When they get older still, you'll start finding chewitts welded to the seats and carpet. When they grow taller, you'll get constantly booted in your back thru the seats. When they get older they'll play iPad games louder than your stereo can go. When they get taller still, they'll kick all the plastic covers off he electrics under the seats. All this time your Missis has been making constant pointless trips into town and collecting a fine supply of car park tickets, if u have problems locating them, they're pushed behind the dashboard and just under the brake and accelerator pedals. But nearly all this time they'll give your head a massage while your driving, so you gotta love em!

Enjoy the baby, they're a right laugh and you get to clean your lovely TI more often. Especially your rear passenger windows.

AO Silver Member
County: Kent

Member car:

147ts plus bits

Oh so very true.
I have unidentified red stuff in the tray under the air vents in the back.
I genuinely do not know what it is!!
159 + 4 year old and 1 year old (jtdm not a ti unfortunately) and absolutely fine.
AO Gold Member
County: West Yorkshire
My three year old grandson finds it utterly amusing to wipe his bogies on the rear door trim and kick seven bells out of the rear of the passenger seat.

I have a regular baby seat, because its swapped between cars I have not bothered with the cumbersome isofix system, just held in with ordinary seat belt.

No problems with exit and/entry for the rugrat with my saloon.

Last edited by Verbout; 02-07-14 at 22:32.
AO Member
County: Rutland

Member car:

Alfa159 2.4

Ideal car as at least you can turn the airbag off in the front...

I managed with an Impreza WRX, known as 'noisy car' now in 'snake eating a man car'

Make sure your travel system fits in the boot, and get a seat protector
AO Member
County: North Lanarkshire
It depends how tall the adults are that sit in the front. I'm 6'4" and my 12 year old just fits behind me even though I slide forward a few clicks and on the other side my 3 year old is in a chubby Graco behind his mum who is thankfully 5'3" and those 2 just fit.

In conclusion, it's doable but not spacious.
AO Silver Member
County: Bratislavsky
Originally Posted by Geoff159Ti View Post
In conclusion, it's doable but not spacious.
Agree. 159 iz not that spacious on the back. However not a problem with small kids. If they are few month old only the children seat is places opposite driving direction and fits any seat. Even front passenger with airbag off. We've been using Recaro Young Profi - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RECARO-You...item519d7c7daf .

Now since children are 2 years and more again Recaro but Young Sport - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Recaro-You...item233cc41461 . And highly recommend the seat protector like this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diono-Stuf...item43c23e11f1 .

AR 166 3.2 TI
AR 159 SW TI - 2.0 JTD
AR 156 GTA Q2
AR 145 QV
AO Member
County: Dorset
My wife found our Ti too low so we changed to highloaders. The Ti was also causing me issues with the DPF and the tyre wear was about every 4000 miles. Those were the reasons for changing...not so much having the kids, they were fine with the car.
AO Silver Member
County: Lincolnshire
Only 1 issue with a child and a 159 - they're definitely gonna grow up wanting one of their own!!
AO Rosso Alfa Member
County: Lancashire
At least the 159 has four doors, you should try getting nippers in and out of a Brera
AO Member
County: Berkshire

Member car:

2.4JTDM 159Ti SW

No issues with space.

Bigger issues with Grandparents giving my littl'uns food to take after we visit...
AO Member
County: Tyrone
No issues, we even managed a small holiday this year with out needing any extra luggage space including transporting a double buggy. I have a 8 month old and a 2 year old. The rear facing child seats are a tight fit but doable. The standard front facing child seat is fine although the 2 year old is starting to mark the back of my seat with her feet. Definitely not the most spacious car in the world. Probably best described as adequate.

The 2 year old loves the Alfa, she hates my wifes Astra so even kids have taste

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , baby , issues