can`t even get the door cover off. Help, please - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 03-05-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Swansea
Help can`t even get the door cover off. Help, please

My 159 has been pretty good but, when it goes wrong, my husband goes nuts.
Two days ago, the window mechanism(driver`s side) started to crunch. I asked my husband to have a listen...and it went down and wouldn`t come back up! Between us we managed to raise it to an acceptable level.
Eventually , today, he has deigned to look at it but can`t get the inside panel off.. He ,`doesn`t want to,break it`. I mentioned to him that the Alfa site people don`t appear to have any problems with that aspect. This didn`t help my cause!

*So, can anyone help me to get him to have another go? What does he do...carefully?
*After that, step by step instructions as to checking the regulator, the motor, the wires so I can order the correct part.
*Any suggestions as to where to get best/most reasonably priced parts?

Once he gets going, he`s okay...he`s just 60 and thinks he doesn`t have to do this anymore(previous cars Spitfire Mk 2..easy to work on and Triumph TR4A)
Help x
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Lincolnshire

Member car:

GT 1.9jtd

there is an alan bolt behind a cap in the door handle and one under a rubber cover where the window switches are ( at the bottom of where you would pull the door shut once seated ) then 3 screws at the very bottom of the door card itself , then its just a case of prying the card off from the bottom to free the press in studs , once all free it should lift out
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
can`t even get the door cover off. Help, please

Have a look here: (Help with stuck/jammed window on 159)

Originally Posted by Flapdog View Post
It's fairly sraightforward. Theres a plastic tab behind the door handle that needs to be removed, these should be replaced as you're likely to break it (around 1.50 from AR). Undo allen bolt behind. Remove rubber mat in armrest cubby hole, and remove allen bolt, then remove window swithces, and disconnect from wiring loom. Then remove 2 more allen bolts under the swithces. Undo 3 screws on very bottom of door panel. Remove triangle trim at front of door, not part of door panel, can be removed with flat blade screwdriver, but needs care to do this. Gently but firmly pull door panel away from door, the top is secured into the window channel with 2 tab, this is the most difficult bit. The rest of the door is held on with push fit pins. Be careful at all times, mistakes on trim can't be removed, replacment is the only option here! Once card is removed undo electrical connection for alarm light at top of panel and the puddle light at the bottom. Unhook wire for door handle, then door card is away from door!

[color=gray]Sent from Free App[/color]

Last edited by giblets46; 03-05-14 at 19:41.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

can`t , cover , door