Been a long time since i was around, but I've had a funny one, taken the 159 in for it's MOT today...to kwik fit of all places, and got a list of things wrong with the car
If i'm honest i've had better MOT's...
1) Nearside windscreen wiper dirty
2) nearside (corrected upside down bulb) Headlamp aim beam image obviously incorrect
3) Nearside rear coil spring broken
4) Offside rear coil spring broken
5) Nearside front (upper arm) suspension arm has excessive play in a ball joint
6) Parking brake efficiency 14%
I've checked my rear springs and they are indeed fubar'd
I took the front wheel off, and tried to check for play, there was a little bit of clunking but not much...
The headlamp aim? How can that be wrong? It's a fixed unit?
So my questions are,
1) Am i right in thinking my nearside front (upper arm) suspension arm with loose ball joint is this?
2)I lifted up the rubber matting on the shelf in the arm wrest, to be confronted by moulded plastic, with a few gaps in rather than a convenient hole, from where to twiddle with the handbrake cable. (as noted in the elearn manual)
3) How can my headlamp aim be wrong? it's fixed in the car, it's how it left the factory, now i will admit, it does illuminate a LOT of hedge, but it's been like that since i got the car....i assumed that was normal, no other MOT tester has picked it up.....
Any help or suggestions are welcome