Remap, DPF, EGR... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 07-03-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Remap, DPF, EGR...

What do you think about ECU remap, DPF and EGR removal?

Remap is for 1.9 JTDm 150hp and 320nm of torque to 180hp and 380nm of torque, so nothing extreme, just moderate remapping.
I am driving normally most of the time, sometimes I drive fast, so this remap is not for all day street racing from light to light, I just want to have more power when I need it.

Everyone tells me that DPF and EGR is bad for the engine, and it is good to remove them, I am not so sure, what are your thoughts about that?

Do I still use the car normally every day, drive slow, drive fast, start engine up to 10 times during the day, travel 1000 kilometres in one day to the seaside 160kmh, 170kmh?
Do I need to pay attention to anything more than I usually do now?

People who will do this remap are very professional, and they made this more than 200 times to various cars, and customers are very satisfied.
They do not just load the maps to the ECU, they are making the map for each car separately.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Essex
The car should drive better, your get up to 10℅ more mpg. But you might have issues with your gearbox its only designed to coup with 320 torque. Although its good for engine its bad for the invironment. New guide lines now in place for us in f the u.k regards dpf
AO Silver Member
I would guess Serbia has less rules on DPFs and environment etc. Well I hope so...

I say do it, I had my 2.4 remapped and DPF and EGR done.

I had DPF problems anyway so my mpg (kpl?) improvement was close to 25%...! I could argue at that rate it will pay itself back in 3years as opposed to the 6years I calculated initially!

You'll get about 10% improvement with economy and your car will be more fun to drive, it will have better power delivery all the way along... less lumps/flat spots etc.
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 07-03-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
We have the law for exhaust gases, but no one is checking that, this country has some bigger problems. I think we will wait 10 more years to get where EU is now regarding this.
People doing this remap told me that DPF is only taking black smoke and particles, but catalysts will still be there, so no problem with that.

The same engine just 2.0 JTDm has 360nm of torque (266 lb ft), it is 40 more than 1.9, but the clutch is the same, the gearbox as well.
Do you think it is designed to cope only 320 nm and nothing more than that?

So, everything is just as before remapping, I can drive 1000 km in one day, drive fast on highways, there is no danger for the engine, or turbo?

Last edited by alfaholiq; 07-03-14 at 20:07.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

dpf , egr , remap