mot and dpf - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 27-02-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
mot and dpf

Hi all
I had the angle remap and egr delete done in the summer. The casing is still there but with no inside. I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the mot as mine is due next week
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Argyll and Bute
It depends on the tester. If he just takes a cursory look you will be okay, which is all he should do as its only a 'visual check'.

If there are obvious signs its been cut opened and then re-welded you could have a problem.
AO Silver Member
County: Buckinghamshire

Angel cut the dpf open on the side facing the underneath of the chassis then weld up --- can't be seen plus it's not in the mot to do any more than look . Hence you often get advisories at mot when they don't/can't remove undertrays or engine plastic covers to check things --- so pass them anyway
AO Member
County: Cardiff
Just had my MOT done last week in the in'n'out garage national dpf is completely removed replaced with a twin stainless steel exhaust ...passed no probs with no advisories.
AO Silver Member
it just depends where you go really, take it to a chain, halfords/kwik fit and they wont bother or have a clue... the guys I usually go to are too thorough for me to risk this time, hell they take an hour...
I'm usually happy for such a thorough check, not anymore...

my bro goes to whoever is cheapest for his motor and they are as quick as 30mins at times!
AO Silver Member
County: Lincolnshire
if the unit looks like it is there you shouldn't have an issue - they've no way of inspecting the internals in the part. Even if it does look like it has been welded they've no cause to think that is anything other than factory or repair welding, if they cant evidence that it has no internals, which is impossible to do on MOT, then they can't mark you down for it. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Its the guys that have a straight through bit of pipe that have a problem.
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

159 ti

You're lucky, I had mine done at proalfa in Watford and they removed the whole thing and replaced it with a pipe!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

dpf , mot