Getting a refund for my faulty Brera?
Some people may remember a month ago I posted in this section about really bad reliability problems with my month old Brera JTD. Long story short it broke down 4 times in the space of 1,500 miles with the same problem, apparently related to 'the swirl valve'. management light coming on, loss of power etc.
On the 29th September , when it failed again, (less than 100 miles after supposedly being worked on by technicians from Alfa UK), I formally rejected it as 'unfit for purpose' and Alfa UK agreed to supply a brand new replacement car. I was told i would have this in a week.
I am still waiting for it!!!!
I have been fed various stories about wranglings between Alfa Uk and my dealer as to who was taking responsability for my old car, and now Alfa have apparently not supplied a V55 registration document.
Last Tuesday I gave them 1 week to get the car to me or I wished to walk away, (I hoped this would be enough to kick start them), but as of today...still no document from Alfa and therefore still no car.
In fairness to my dealer, I have had the use of a 159 2.2 petrol, but the fuel economy is lousy, far worse than my diesel and as I do 500-600 miles a week, I'm feeling the pinch. Not to mention the fact I am paying a large amount every month for a car that in 3 months of 'ownership', I have had the use of for 6 weeks!!!
I have just asked them for a cheque to cover my deposit so I can walk away. I am not prepared to wait any longer and be messed around by Alfa UK.
What do we think, do I stand a chance of getting this?
I'm prepared to keep their car and the paperwork for my old one hostage until I do, and I'm not afraid to write to the magazines, papers and trading standards, if this will help.
All opinions gratefully recieved!!!
A, (sadly very dissapointed), former Brera owner.