from a gt to a 159? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 07-02-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Greater Manchester
from a gt to a 159?

We are hoping to expand our family fairly soon so its inevitable the beloved GT is going for an early bath. As the saying goes "Every cloud has a silver lining" which comes in my case in the shape of 159 just looking for some advice with regards to practicality e.g. fitting car seats in the back and buggies in the boot etc.... I looking probably at the 2.4jtdm TI and not really bothered if its the saloon or estate as I think they are both equally stunning.

I've had had my eyes on a 159 from the first time i saw one so if it could work out it would really take the sting out of losing the GT
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
I have a large bulky Graco Quattro, which fits in the boot (just), the rear is a bit tight, but the car seat fits in that too.
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire
I have had both and the sportwagon is the way to go from a practicality, young kids point of view. No issues with any buggies, isofix all there so ideal. Access in the saloon boot and rear doors from getting the kids in and out with car seats in mind did start to grate on me hence the change to a SW.
AO Member
County: Dorset

Member car:

159 3.2 Q4 Lusso

I went from GT to 159 though no child-seats and stuff to worry about.

159 boot is a decent size but being a saloon, access to it not as good as the GT's hatch.

GT has folding seats, not all 159s do so if that's important to you check before having to post a "how do I fold my seats down" or a "how do I fit a bicycle in the boot" thread
AO Member
County: Greater London
It's got to be a sport wagon. It's not just about the buggy you need to fit. Travel away for even just 1 night and the amount of extra cr@p you need to take with you will soon fill up the back. We have Micralite Toro. Folds up really neatly and leaves plenty apace for other kiddy stuff.
AO Silver Member
County: Leicestershire
I went from a Gt to a 159 (via a 166 for a year) and have to say that the Gt is very practical even with an 8 year old. The down sides are only 3 doors, no way to fit a roof box/rack and cant fit a cycle carrier to the rear hatch.
The 159 saloon doesn't have such a practical boot configuration (my seats do fold down) against the Gt's hatch, you can fit a roof rack to a 159 and a cycle carrier can also be fitted to the boot, plus its got two extra doors.
That said I would like to go back to another Gt as they are much better cars IMO (other opinions are available)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider