Well I have just collected my 159 TBi Ti and although it drives well I have a few concerns over handling as the car seems skittish/wobbly (tire pressures are all ok) and does not give me confidence. So my thoughts are to do the following upgrades and would like your advice / experiences
1) Replace front bushes with power flex bushes as supplied by Autolusso
2) Replace the suspension, here I am thinking of the Bilstein B12 with ebiach springs which has been mentioned on the forum
3) Replace the tyres but not sure what to go for ( i am not a big fan of pirelli) would like a good all round tyre.
1) Get the bushes done, it makes the world of difference to the handling and dynamics.
Discussed here: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...159-brera.html
2) I have the B12 kit, but AL are now doing the B16 kit. I got to go in the brera that just had it fitted and its ride was a league above the B12 kit on mine!!! Much less choppy and smoother but still as firm.
Discussed here: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...de-advice.html
3) Tyres are a personal preference, I like a High performance tyre but don't like the price of a Michelin Supersport, so I run Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta that are IMO perfect and cheap comparatively!
Discussed here: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...-the-19-s.html
Speaking from experience, the B12 combined with the Powerflex makes for an amazing handling car, but the ride is firm. To put that in perspective, my wife hates it, and I love it! The B16 kit is adjustable so it can be made wife friendly....
Other alternatives are the Eibach springs with Koni Sport adjustables, which other forum users have done and give good feedback on. I personally prefer the monotube gas shock design of the Bilsteins (12 & 16) as they suit the weight of the 159 very well.
The skit will be most improved by the powerflex mod & tyres so start with tyres, then powerflex, then shocks & springs.
Enjoy your new toy!