Well, first day with Brera 2.4 jtdm; Alfa Red with Bluetooth and Visibility pack. Obtained from ES Jones, up in North Wales (Dobshill).
First just want to say there are Alfa dealers that care about the brand, the cars and customers. Mike @ ES Jones one such. None of the joint Fiat/Alfa mess, just an Alfa specialist that knows their stuff. Very highly recommended.
Anyhow. First thoughts.
1) The 2.4 is a wonderful engine. It's torque reminds me of my old Fiat Coupe oddly enough. It certainly does not feel like a diesel in any way. Lovely. Goodness knows how it will feel once tuned. And it makes a delightful growl when pushing along - never head a diesel do that before.
2) Gearbox is very good. Easy to slot into place and nice short throw.
3) Red is perfect for the car
4) Standard Bluetooth system is good but can really do with a manual - and the lady needs to listen more closely to what I say! And how the bleeding heck do I end a call - a mystery to me.
5) It is an effortless motorway cruiser ; very comfortable and 6th gear has been well engineered for just such a purpose. And I do not feel the extra weight compromises it on B roads for my driving skill level. Perhaps others are just pushing the car much, much harder than I ever desire to. I found it a hoot to drive.
6) Did I say how good looking a Red Brera was?
7) Seats .. hmm. Been in better; they have little lateral support though are supportive and it is easy to get in the right position. Steering wheel reach adjustment should make it easy for anyone to get comfortable.
8) Centre info display is just poor - with sunglasses on it all but disappears ; especially in strong sunlight. And the seemingly endless buttons needed to run the system should really be re-thought. Makes me wish for the BMW I-drive.
9) The glass roof? Hmm .. marketing gimmick or really nice - just can't make my mind up yet.
10) Oh yes - Red is perfect
11) Rear seats - no comment. If you are under 5 foot 4 inches then it is ok but the complete absence if headroom and leg space means it really is a 2 adult + 1 kid transport. No worry for me as daughter is off to Uni soon
12) The Alfa manual must have been translated by a fluent japanese speaker I think. Some of the phrases are just a delight!
Anyhow .. just a few notes. Will ponder more when she is bedded down a bit more.