1st day with Brera - views - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
Re: Got to love alfa quirks

Originally Posted by hottrout

Having said that, my Brera is crap, I hate the way it ... it ... I hate the way when ..... when sometimes ... well you know .......... i'll get my coat

Yup. Couldn't agree more. Terrible car, just terrible. Don't get one...I really wouldn't recommend to anybody such a fabulou...woops ... I mean frightful car...
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Re: Got to love alfa quirks

I totally agree - whatever you do - don't buy one...

especially not a 3.2 in silver - Buy a GT or a BMW instead ;-)

AO Member

Member car:

Loaded Brera

Re: 1st day with Brera - views

yep ... absolute crap

they have a rear end like the face of a bulldog licking pish off a nettle

and the front end like the toilets at a sewer workers convention

crap i tell ya
AO Silver Member
County: -

Ok guys you can quit now...we get the message........
AO Member
County: Merseyside

Originally Posted by Nev
Did it tell you it was trying to copy the phonebook
after you paired the phone to the car?

If not, you can get it to do this from the "settings"
option. (User Data I think) It only lets you do this
when the car is stationary.

Or you cold try and send the contacts from the phone
itself. (Haven't tried this but it
should work in theory.)

Thanks. I tried it, it said copying phone book but it never copied. It picks up the pairing every time I get into the car, no problem, I can use the voice command no problem, but if I want to ring a new number and its in my phone but I dont know it, I have to call it on my phone and the blue tooth picks it up.

I asked Craig from Mangoletsi for a manual on 1st July - not seen one yet. He said none of the cars had one, and they just presumed they were already in the main manual.
AO Member

So when you go into 'Phonebook' on the menu, is yours empty? Does the 'Last Calls' option work?

I had to try mine several times when I got it but I think on the 3rd time it got it and it's been fine since, even updates when I store a new number in the phone!

Just 1 probably stupid question, which mobile are you using, and is it fully compatible? The list I saw only had about 6 phones on it and said that others may work 'with reduced functions'?

I didn't get a manual either but was able to get a print off from a training programme which 1 of the technicians had, it's not ideal but better than nothing. I'm sure i could get a copy of it to you if it would help, (I live local)?

PS. Is your Brera black? I had a phone call last week from a mate in Southport who thought he'd just seen me, I wondered if it may have been you as there's not many of us about!

brerasv has a point.
If your phone doesn't fully support OBEX
over bluetooth. Then it probably won't work.
AO Silver Member
Well Happy Re: 1st day with Brera - views

Isn't she loverly, Isn't she wonderful sorry forgot the rest of the words great car I want one
AO Member

Member car:

Brera 2.4 JTDm

Picked mine up today. I travelled from Kent to Leeds to get it (the price made it worth the travel), I took a coach from London last night and stayed in the Ibis, cheap and cheerful way of doing the job. I am now the very happy owner of a 2.4 diesel Brera SV, Black, 18" wheels (holes not spokes). The car is ex-demo but when I collected it, it showed 137 miles on the clock. The drive back from Leeds gave me time to settle in to the car a bit, I'm always pretty timid for a while in a new car but I did manage to give the right foot a good stretch from time to time.

I bought the car from Evans Halstow in Leeds (part of Stratstone group). Andrew Hird is a very nice guy, very helpful, been with Alfa for many years and clearly loves the marque. He even went to the trouble of phoning around a few dealers down here to suggest a service agent. His recomendation was Lombarda, as I work in London, not sure if I'll use them but they seem very good. I may size up Canterbury and Maidstone dealers before commiting one way or another.

So to follow the theme of that started this thread, a few thoughts.

1) Seat doesn't seem to rock (yet).
2) Both the kids seats fit in the back though my eldest (3 year old) has to put a leg to each side if my wife puts the seat back. This is not really an issue there was never any real expectation that we'd travel inthe Brera that often we have a nice practical estate for that
3) Like the attention when on the road. Fear it when parked
4) The engine and gearbox are lovely to drive with. The change is nice a solid, the ratios seem fine though in motorway driving you have to drop to 5th from time to time to get things moving again if your path gets "blocked".
5) Not had a turbo before, it has some interesting effects.
6) Single CD. Nightmare. Need to get a solution to this ASAP. Aftermarket Blue&Me please, mp3 adaptor that works as a backup plan.... Might have to dig out my FM transmitter for the time being.
7) Wing mirrors are great, good job too.
8) Fuel economy. Better than expected after reading other threads. 270 miles, with bad queues and roadworks on the M1, average speed recorded as just over 60mph, average mpg 36.2.
9) Door handles, look to be a bit scratched. I thought it was polish but not so sure now. Something to look at tomorrow.
10) Ebay, great place to sell your old car. The trade in value of my car was considerably less than I got on ebay.

So the conclusion so far is predictable, a great, fun car that I can't wait to get driving again. As I drive just over 600 miles a week I ought to get a better feel for things over the coming days.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

1st , brera , day , views