What should I be doing? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 30-12-13 Thread Starter
Regional Representative
For South Central - AOSC
County: Hampshire

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDM Ti

Help What should I be doing?

Im not mechanical at all,

I previously had a Citroen C2 and i dont really remember ever doing anything else with it other than the standard servicing when it was due (even then not always on time)

I know I need to take more care of the Alfa, partly due to the nature of Alfa's being a little tempramental, also because it is a beautiful car and I want it to remain so.

What sort of things should I be doing and how often? Stuff like oil and other fluids - how often should I be checking and replacing these? How easy is it to replace the oil?

PSN ID - Greener_CFC1

"Blue is the colour, football is the game, we're all together and winning is our aim, so cheer us on through the sun and rain, coz Chelsea... Chelsea is our name."
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Western Cape
normal service every 20 000km oil oil filter air filter and diesel filter
major service every 80 000 km same as above and cambelt, tensioner and water pump
gearbox oil at 100 000km
the normal service is easy to do once u get the old air filter out for the cambelt i would take it to a good mac.
i am going to change the box oil this weekend so no comment yet
AO Member
County: Essex
I,d change the oil every 10000 you need a special tool to remove the oil filter. Use only fully synthetic oil cambelt asap if you don,t know the history if it breaks it can do a lot of damage. Not sure of service scheduled on the newer #159 probably 50,000 miles or 4 years get complete kit and water pump too. Agree with above as long as you got correct tools the oil service is no more difficult than other modern diesels once you got the dam undertray off. Its not that easy to get off the ground I made up some low ramps to drive up ,cause the fronts pretty low to the floor. Don,t jack up under any suspension arms look for the jacking points each side just rearward of front wheels, think are made of plastic thou ,I made up chocs of wood to fit mine then jacked on the blocks

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider