Qtronic fault,stalling when idle - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 06-12-13 Thread Starter

County: Swansea
Qtronic fault,stalling when idle

Hi all. I have a very odd fault with my qtronic. In drive or a gear there is no torque slipping or engagement of neutral. This causes the engine to stall when stationary and makes pulling away difficult (I must create high revs then move lever from n to d). If I select n using the selector the gearbox goes into neutral with no issues.
Multiecu has shown no fault codes and I changed the gearbox oil with tutela vi but it is still the same. If I ask ecuscan to reset self learn it fails to execute.
Any ideas? I'm getting slightly desperate!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquetj View Post
Hi all. I have a very odd fault with my qtronic. In drive or a gear there is no torque slipping or engagement of neutral. This causes the engine to stall when stationary and makes pulling away difficult (I must create high revs then move lever from n to d). If I select n using the selector the gearbox goes into neutral with no issues.
Multiecu has shown no fault codes and I changed the gearbox oil with tutela vi but it is still the same. If I ask ecuscan to reset self learn it fails to execute.
Any ideas? I'm getting slightly desperate!!!
Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem, did you solve this?
I have the 159 1.9 Jtdm wagon.
The AISIN gearbox is meant to be pulley proof as long as it's not opened.. Though I'm concerned the previous owner messed with it.
I've had it for a few years now, done 105,000km,
Any advice would be awesome!

County: -
Hmmm Aisin AF40 Slug

Hi Guys,
I also have a 1.9 JTDM wagon with the same problem.
I've already scoured every other forum, pulled my car half way apart and put it back together.
Cleaned the intake, changed transmission fluid, ran active diagnostics & removed & tested the solenoid body, they are all working, so I returned them to improve reverse & forward engagement by adjusting the solenoid adjustment screws which has helped with shift timing.
But I still have the same problem with it almost stalling when I put it in drive or reverse.
Also, the throttle seems not to respond, so reving the engine before dropping it into fear doesn't really do anything, it just drops the revs right down to 700rpm again and crawls off the line.
I am pretty much at the point of dropping the gearbox and tearing it down expecting to find a jammed clutch, torque converter or one way fly wheel in pieces.
Any ideas or if you have solved this would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
fault , idle , qtronic , stalling