Having a Blue and Me nightmare - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 23-10-13 Thread Starter
County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

Having a Blue and Me nightmare

Help, I am getting seriously frustrated. I have a 58 plate Spider with what I have learned is the mark 1 Blue and Me system. Bluetooth works fine, as does the media player if I play MP3s with a USB stick. But I have masses of music on my iphone which I would love to be able to play. So, I spend a fortune on a little white adapter to make my iphone work in sync with the car.
No, not quite that simple. I have spent the last few days neglecting my mounting workload and downloading and uploading updates off the Alfa website, and I am no further forward. I have done the first bit, where the car puts info onto the USB and the Alfa site told me I needed update 5.6, so I downloaded it, formatted the USB and went to update.
It started, then restarted, then told me I have a USB error 10. I must have tried this a dozen times after speaking to my local Alfa dealer who told me to delete all the PDF files before updating, which made absolutely sod all difference.
After reading threads on here I disconnected the battery which resulted in a problem with my windows, which has now been reset, along with the clock which zeroed, but still no itunes.
What am I doing wrong? And what else can I try?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
Take it you have an iPhone? Some people have issue with cheaper USB sticks

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
County: Queensland

Member car:

I'm just starting to get my head around this and waiting for the adaptor, but have you tried installing the 5.5 version first? I read you should put this in first??
AO Member
County: Gloucestershire
Upgrading Blue and Me is a nightmare and this is coming from an IT techie!
I got mine to work in the end but you must upgrade to 5.5 first then goto 5.6.
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: Cambridgeshire
If you search around in the ICE forum, you will see this is a common issue and typically is the B&M system (Windows CE based) not liking the USB stick you are using to do the upgrade. USB sticks come in different types and despite all appearing the same and doing the same job, some are better than others and behave differently in the B&M system. Also make sure its a small one, 2gb or so, or it's less likely work as well

Also, what outofspace said about upgrades is spot on. if you want to get to 5.6 you need to do 5.5 first as they are incremental updates.

Its all a bit finicky tbh.

2008 159 TI 2.4 JTDM QTRONIC
My Car Details______http://www.jabawoki.com/2014/07/07/alfa-159-ti/
Project Halo Wiki____https://projects.jabawoki.com/index.php/Project_Halo_UK
Project Halo Page____https://www.facebook.com/ProjectHaloUK
County: Queensland

Member car:

I tried to update yesterday first with 5.5, it started then went into restart, the radio came back on and nothing happened.
(in hindsight I should of left 10mins) I tried restarting the process and it wouldn't even start. I thought maybe 5.5 had loaded so tried again with 5.6 When I turn on ign with usb in nothing would happen. Tried couple of times.
Anyway I gave up and the next day I took the car out for a drive and about 500m up the road I got error 10 message.

When I got home I tried again with 5.5 and it loaded up fine, then I load 5.6 without hassle. As mentioned above the system will say restarting and the radio come on and it looks like nothing is happening but it's updating in the back ground you just have to leave it.

Still waiting on the usb adaptor to see if the iphone 5 will work or not??

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

blue , nightmare