1st gear is not so smooth - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 16-10-13 Thread Starter
County: East Sussex
Hmmm 1st gear is not so smooth

Hi All, (sorry this is a bit long but.....)

im new to this forum, however i have a question....

i purchased my 06 159 JTS about two months ago and i have noticed that; sometimes when i'm pulling away in first gear and dip the clutch to change to second, the rev's sometimes increase a bit before they reduce, and this can sometimes make the ride a bit jerky i have changed my driving style a bit, but that does not seem the rite thing to have to do...

The car has done 33,000 miles and has a full service stamps in the book, but i'm worried that this may be and underlying problem.

i have just had the car serviced as it was due, whist doing it my friend who worked in the garage, plugged the car into the diag machine and it had P0013 code stored, (Inlet camshaft control solenoid) he cleared the error and "he said" the car went like stink when he gave it a spin, but when he returned the car to me, i drove it and it seemed just the same as before.

if i'm honest; I just thought that was a nuance of the car, but reading some of the posts I'm concerned it may be something else, however as i have never had any warnings on the dash I'm not sure if i am over worrying. has anyone had the same feeling form a 159?

Also should there be a radical power change when you put your foot down? since i have owned the car, when i put my foot down, it just accelerates with a reasonable amount of power but should i assume that there should be some significant power change when the cams adjust?

Regards Dave

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

1st , gear , smooth