oil - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 13-10-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: East Riding of Yorkshire

Member car:

brera q4

hi guys
couple more questions from newbie
1 what engine oil (3.2q4)
2)filter ? guess k and n
3) sports cat or decat? and where if sports cat
4)remap how much where and what benifits
soz guys bit of a list but im keen
cheers twomins
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

Brera 3.2 OEM+

1. Engine oil.

Selenia engine oil is what is recommended, Alfa Romeo Brera Engine oil however I used Castrol 5w40, as any 5w40 is fine I am sure. Just make sure you increase the service interval on your 3.2. I am doing mine every 5,000 miles or every year to decrease the chance of chain stretch.

2. Filter.

Do you mean oil filter? if so its a generic paper one, 6 off ebay or any of the Alfa parts website. All the same. Or do you mean air filter? If so, two options. Option one is a replacement one that will use the original air filter housing. Here you are looking at an OEM one for 20 or an after market replacement like a K&N or Pipercross for a little more. Option two is a complete after market air filter, not using the existing housing. Again K&N offer these. I have just bought an ITG one and currently waiting on a silicon reducer to fit it. Some thing like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ITG-Maxoge...item25747bf183 however the general consensus is induction kits are a waste of money.

3. Sports cat or decat

Cannot offer advice here as I havent done this. I did have the centre silencer removed and made a subtle difference to the engine noise and note.

4. Remap.

I am currently looking into this. Autodelta (Autodelta Shop) offer a remap that increases bhp by 14 as well as increasing rev range. However it is 475. A few other companies offer remaps for cheaper, around 200-300 but not sure what the benefits are apart from the generic "more power, better mpg, etc" And where? all over.

Angel tuning offer one that will give you 10bhp more, but its 340. http://www.angeltuning.co.uk/engine-...ar-tuning.aspx

Quantum tuning offer a 14bhp increase, no price though... http://www.quantumtuning.co.uk/car-r...eo&Range=Brera

Last edited by Danman; 13-10-13 at 17:41.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 18-10-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

brera q4

hi dan
thanks for replying, been away so took a while to come back to you
engine oil as in mobil 1 or castrol edge
filter was air now got k and n
cat was sports cat or decat and where can i buy?
AO Gold Member
County: Down in the Park
AO Silver Member
If you are in the East Riding, you could give JJB (in York) a call. They are Alfatune agents (for Gus) and do a Gus stainless rear cat back sport exhaust with remap,
There are alternatives about - you could get Supersprint or Ragazonnis but be missing out on a bespoke remap.
Autolusso would be able to fabricate a Wizard system (see Simon's Brera 3.2 threads) but you need to get the car to them

As yours is a Brera, there is also the option of the Prodrive back boxes.

With regard to cats (you'll have four), I have been assured that it should be MOT compliant with either the header ones or the rears. I would have gone for rear sport cats on my Q4 (and left the standard headers - cost of custom headers plus fitting is a bit!) but none about when I killed the rear cats just prior to MOT last year.

- V6 Q4 SW usually mud brown and not Titanium Grey (Spider S3 QV is Rosso Corsa)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider