Motor Village Croydon Parts Dept. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 12-10-13 Thread Starter
County: Greater London
Motor Village Croydon Parts Dept.

Was passing my local Alfa Dealer yesterday and decided to replace my N/S wiper blade which had seen better days. Walked into the showroom, found the (unmanned) parts counter, pressed the bell and waited. Five minutes passed. Disinterested sales staff wandered around the cavernous space which was mostly filled with Chryslers. Pressed bell a second time. Finally someone appeared. ME: "I want a passenger side wiper blade for a 2008 Alfa 159 please" HIM: (Sucks teeth) Oh, not sure if we have one (but he takes my Reg No and goes out back). Another 10 minutes, reappears holding a piece of paper. HIM: "We don't hold those but I can order you one for £24.99 + Vat and it'll be here Monday". ME: "Why would I do that when I can buy them off the internet? Can you confirm you are a Main Alfa Romeo Dealer?" HIM: "Yes" ME: "and you're telling me that you don't stock a basic service part for a car that went out of production 2 years ago" HIM: "Yes, there's not a lot of demand". ME: "Are you saying that despite you being responsible for covering large parts of South London and Surrey, you don't hold even the most basic spares for Alfa's" HIM: "Yes.

At that point, I told the bloke that if I was him, I'd be embarrassed about that and that his parts department was a bit of a shambles. While this was going on, a few of the customers and several of the other staff were ear-wigging but said nothing. I left the dealership saying quite loudly under my breath what a **** organisation they ran and went a bought a Bosch equivalent for £10 less at a Motor Factor on the way home.

The good news was that he did have blades for Guilietta's! Lucky me!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

croydon , dept , motor , parts , village