Dealer service with timing chains - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 06-10-13 Thread Starter
County: Western Australia
Cry Like A Baby Dealer service with timing chains

Hi Folks

Just looking for a bit of advice in regards to a phase issue and how my dealer has been handling it. My Brera JTS has had the dreaded engine warning light come on three times in the last 18 months. Each time it has been a phase issue (Error P0016) and the dealer has changed the chains and the sensors each time only for the light to come on again in six or so months time.

Needless to say this has gotten very annoying that they can't find the true issue. Unfortunatly the car is now out of warrenty and its happened again after they ensured me it wouldn't after the last time (wasn't convinced at the time). The car has only done 28,000 km and I'm wondering what else the dealer could do? or if people have had or heard of similar issues with the 2.2?

Any advice much appreciate...Cheers!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Australian Capital Territory
I've been doing a little reading into this for my 3.2 V6. I understand that the problem has been fixed by changing the type of chain, for example the Holden Commodore Alloytec engine went from the chain type we have to a 3-link chain. I haven't worked out if the 3 link can be fitted to our engines. GM Parts Direct seems to be the way to get the best price on bits. I don't have engine codes, just a noisy engine, so I'm thinking ahead and regularly changing the oil.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 06-10-13 Thread Starter
County: Western Australia
Yeah I plan to try a GM set and see how that goes. the funny thing with the JTS is that i dont see any drop off in performance or noises going on. I know its known issue with a number of these JTS' but am fairly sure the same issue does effect the 3.2V6 so much. Certainly change that oil more than what is recommended. Cheers

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

chains , dealer , service , timing