Lowering the Brera - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 28-09-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

Brera - 2.4

Thumbs Up Lowering the Brera

For me personally it's sitting a bit too high, and as I'm yet to have any work done on mine I was wondering if anyone has any advice. I don't want to go down the route of spending a small fortune as there's other things that need done, but surely there's an acceptable cost effective way of doing this? I'm guessing just replacing the coilovers?

Anyone that's been down this road and has any tips/photos/prices would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Brera 2.0 Jtdm

I broke a shock absorber in Winter and decided to replace them with Koni Sports Addjustable shocks. Whilst they were at it, they put some Eibach springs on which has lowered it about 25mm. I did it more for the handling than looks. It wasn't cheap though, I think it was close to a grand for a local indie to fit it. They recommended the parts as well.

There are a few pics of it on the forum and the best one is probably on page 3 of this thread. It is the metallic grey (Touring grey) one with 19" TI wheels.

AO Silver Member
County: West Sussex

Member car:

E82 125i

If your shock absorbers are ok, just change the springs to Eibach Pro Kit, springs are about 130 and fitting around 250 - 300
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: Cambridgeshire
Although its not specifically the Brera, the information is good in this thread where different options were debated. I also did some comparison measurements and pictures etc which may help.

Springs create the drop not shocks though, so if you just want it lowered, springs are all you need, but if you are on stock lusso (equivalent) spec shocks they are quite soft so the ride in general would benefit from improved shocks such as Koni/Bilstein/Eibach.
AO Silver Member
County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

Brera S

As Phil said all you need to do is change the springs to Eibachs on the 2.4 Brera as makes a huge difference in both look and handling (both improved). No need to spend money on the shocks.

I don't have any pictures to hand, but maybe you can tell form this picture in my gallery?

AO Gold Member
County: Western Cape
Go for ti spec components as these are factory homologated and will have propper wheel alignment specs.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , lowering