Potential New 159 Owner - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #26 of 28 Old 29-09-13 Thread Starter
County: -

Member car:

Audi TTS

My main reason for trading in the TT is to save money. The 2.4 barely gets more mpg than my TT yet is a lot slower so not really a viable option. I've had a look and it doesn't look like you can get the 2.0 with a Qtronic (I could be wrong but haven't found any) and even if you could they are both slower and less efficient than the manual so again, not really an option.

I will be going for a ~2010/2011 Mazda 6 so it won't be the one that's just been released but in my opinion the older one looks better. I admit it's not got quite the same je ne c'est quoi that the Alfa has but then I've had that with the TT so don't feel I've missed out. This is purely temporary to get a house and then I can look at getting a more exciting car again.

As for reliability, that is another thing that is a win for the Mazda, of course there's no guarantee that it will be more reliable but the odds are in it's favour. An unreliable car isn't a good way of saving money!

Thanks for all your help, I will definitely consider Alfas in the future, just not this time.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

I have a lovely 159 2.4 qtronic if you ire interested?
AO Member
County: Somerset
I had 2 Mazda 6's back in 05/06. Both brand new (second one replacing the first that got written off for me.) and the gearbox on both were awful. Very notchy going from 1st to 2nd so glad they seem to have got that sorted now. To be fair they are a great looking car, especially the new model and I can see Alfa losing quite a few owners who will migrate to cars like the 6 with the Giulia still some way off.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , owner , potential