Re: 159 Dealer Preview & Prices
I test drove the 159 1.9 Diesel on Monday.
1) No folding rear seats except as an optional extra. Bad idea.
2) Boot space is seems almost the same size - just a bit deeper, but the boot lid opening seems smaller.
3) Price - expensive for what it is.
4) Front seats are a bit too big. I'm too short (only 5'4") and the back of my legs were being compressed against the seat. I prefer the shorter 156 seats. Mind you maybe is was just poor adjustment.
5) Don't like the electric wing mirror switch.
6) Just read the brouchure and it noticed it says the petrol engines have chain cams but the diesel has "toothed belt". So that will snap in 36k as well I guess...
1. Road noise quieter than 156.
2. Suspension was better.
3. Good looks.
4. Good sound/acceleration from the diesel engine but no sense of real power.
Overall would I buy one new? No. I might change my mind when I drive the 2.4 diesel.