Electrical Gremlins Have Struck! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 29-08-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Norfolk
Electrical Gremlins Have Struck!

Well I'm having a few issues with the brera. I knew this day would come. I thought my ownership of my 147 had been too much plain sailing to be true. Haha

First thing is my Air con Controls. About a month ago I was on the way to Alton towers and all the fans and everything stopped running. Traced it back to the Resister pack blowing. Replaced it and everything worked again. However now since then, when driving all the climate control function will just turn off. As in the fan speed will gradually slow down and then that's it. It sits on the lowest speed and you cant speed it up, override it manually control it. Nothing. Then after about another 10/20 mins, it will all come back to life again.

Second issue is the sound system. I started noticing that the drivers side speaker was 'fluffing and rasping'. So i knew its blown but after investigating i noticed the rear speaker behind drivers seat doesn't work at all. So I need two new speakers to go in there. Grrr hahah. And they are Bose, so it's going to be expensive.

How do I 'get' to the speakers so i can replace them?

Any advise on any of these issues would be awesome.
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 1265
County: Waikato

Member car:

Gtv V6

Is there an external temperature sensor under the driver's side mirror?

If so, then a probable cause for both problems is poor connections at the door wiring plug. If the air conditioning thinks the outside air is extremely cold, it might be turning down the fan speed to avoid a blast of chilled air. Also, it doesn't take much of a poor connection to stop the door speaker from working. I had both of these faults on my 156.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

electrical , gremlins , struck