Alfa 159 1.9 Diesel SportWagon Losing Clutch / Brake fluid - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 20-08-13 Thread Starter
County: Durham
Alfa 159 1.9 Diesel SportWagon Losing Clutch / Brake fluid

Hi there,

My first post. I have an 07 1.9 diesel 159 Sportwagon. From owning it the clutch pedal has occasionally been floppy. When I say this occasionally it will sink half way to the floor if left overnight or occasionally when driving resulting in me raising it by hand and then it is fine for ages. However, the warning light has came on twice now for low brake/clutch fluid with about three months inbetween top ups. I've had it into a garage and they can not trace any leaks at all in the whole system it's as dry as a bone. I don't know if it's connected in any way but my clutch slipped for the first time today when I put my foot down. It has 107,000 on the clock. Anyone have any thoughts on where this missing fluid is escaping from? Greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
Mine did this to me too. I have a 2.0 jdtm and it also has a floppy clutch that has dropped to the floor 2 or three times when it's been hot out and I've driven it hard. Apparently being a black car the heat of car gets transferred to bulk head and to master cylinder and ultimately brake fluid day to day and this lowers boiling point and allows it to be forced past slave cylinder, lifting pedal fixes it... I'm hoping that a fluid change will fix this permanently, or will it have caused damage?
I also can find now leaks but its dropped from max to min in last 6months.
It's a ti with brembos is fluid change a DIY job?

AO Member
County: -
I changed fluid, not had same issue since. 98k on clock

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , alfa , brake , clutch , diesel , fluid , losing , sportwagon