How can I tell if my car has had a DPF and EGR delete? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 13-08-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
How can I tell if my car has had a DPF and EGR delete?

Hi guys,

We're about a month and a thousand miles into our 2.0JTDM 170bhp SWTI ownership. Great car, very happy. In fact, it is so much more powerful than our 2.0TDCI 138bhp Kuga (and somewhat more economical) that I am starting to wonder if it's already had a DPF drill, EGR blank and remap. It hasn't done a regen yet either, unless it did it whilst the wife was driving and she didn't notice. This is unlikely as she notices every little thing in a car usually, and I've told her what to look out for on a regen.

But what's the quickest way to work out if the work has already been done? I wouldn't be able to see the drill holes in the DPF, or a remap, so I guess I'd have to look at the EGR. Trouble is, I've seen pictures of the 1.9 JTDM EGR (and cleaning guide), but not the 2.0. I gather the 2.0 is quite different.

Anyone got a photo of what a 2.0 with/without EGR looks like?

Even better, is there a quicker way of telling whether the car has already been done?

Brat Pack no.8
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Lincolnshire
you could look to see if there is a blanking plate on the EGR, that'd be a solid bit of metal between EGR and the inlet manifold. factory they should have a restrictor plate, so don't mistake that for blank.

you could look at the software date, you can see the date of the software, so if that was post manufacture then this could be a clue, but a proper mapper could make the details in that say anything they wanted to.

its more than likely it is standard, they're a good strong healthy and torquey motor so i'm not suprised it feels better than a smokey old ford haha.

Previous Alfas:
1999 156 1.8TS Sport Pack 3
2001 166 3.0 V6 24V Super
2003 156 GTA 3.2 V6 24V
2005 156 1.9 JTDM-Jet Sport
2008 159 1.9 JTDM Lusso

Current Alfas:
1997 GTV 2.0TS Lusso
2001 147 1.6TS Lusso

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

car , delete , dpf , egr