Buying help (159 B&M) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 03-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Lincolnshire
Buying help (159 B&M)

Hi guys,

please go gentle on me as I've been away for a while.

I've had 4 Alfas previous, 156s: 1.8 TS, 1.9 JTD M-Jet and GTA and a 166 3.0V6, however I've never owned a 159 - something I am hoping to do very shortly.

I know the spec sheets are something of a lottery on these things, so I am taking a lot of what I see at face value, being an Alfa, however one thing I am really struggling to fathom is the Blue&Me system.

I am not really getting what it is, what it does and what features it carries with it. I've seen some vehicles advertised as having nav but there is no screen and have been told it was to do with B&M - not taking a dealer at their word I've been trying to find out more.

Other question is around front brakes - the units I've been looking at are all 1.9 JTDM 150 models and all appear to have large (possibly Brembo?) front brakes, is this the case?

Thank you everyone!
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Not all 1.9 s have 4 pot front brakes, no, they only came as standard later in the cars life, circa 08

Blue and me is an unseen voice activated system that has Bluetooth hands free and a a USB socket in the glove box, its excellent at reading mp3 files from a USB stick, so just bung a 32 gig one in there permanently.

There is proper big screen nav, which doesn't have blue and me, and a cheaper turn by turn thing called blue and me nav....which has blue and me.

The navigation is ****e on both of them and the dealers told me not to waste my money on them.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , bandm , buying