importing a 159 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 02-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 156

importing a 159

Hey guys.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried importing a car from other corners of the world. I currently live in Beirut - Lebanon, and finding a proper 159 is very hard and prices are inflated.

I've been browsing through a German website ( and I've found an interesting car. The link to the ad is: Alfa Romeo Alfa 159 3.2 JTS V6 24V Q4 Q-Tronic Progression as Saloon in Baierbrunn b. München. Any comments about the vehicle itself are welcome.

Is importing a car worth the hassle of paying elevated customs taxes, transport, not to mention a certain level of risk involved, the inability to see the actual car in the flesh or test drive it?

2000 Alfa Romeo 156 - 2.0L / Selespeed
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
Can't comment on your national taxes and duties, but just be aware that different countries have different specs, some of which will be useful for the Lebanon, and some not so!
You might be better off sourcing a car from somewhere like Italy (lots of choice being an Italian car), the economy is in tatters (which should help prices), and closer (reducing transport costs). Equally tight MOT rules (safety testing after 2-3yrs) in Germany may reduce prices there.

AutoScout24: Il marketplace europeo delle auto usate e nuove
Trova Auto usate, Auto nuove, Auto km0 e occasioni
AO Member
County: SHA

Member car:

159 1.9 jtdm

allways buy my cars from germany...
go for the midium prices and for the ones that openly offer warranty... and check the underpart of the car due to snow places... the german car normally due to people having money they do proper maintain the car. not so much in other places. I allways buy them from main dealers in germany.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , importing